Friday, June 09, 2006

Come on you Blacks


Outside ASU's Art Museum


At this current time of foot-balls, I’d like to cast my mind (and perhaps yours) back to two years ago, during Euro 2004, when Zafar Janjua performed the finest improvised footy song down an entire tube train carriage which, as I recall, contained quite a few people. Imagine our delight when Zaf, in exchange for a sizeable sum of cash (a couple of quid, at least) paraded down the centre of the train spewing out complete footy-guff to some non-descript charty tune.

The lyrics, to paraphrase, loosely included the following:

FOOTBALL! That’s the name of the game!
We ALL love football (I know you do)
Lineker to Shilton
Shilton to Jesus
Jesus to Shilton –
GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The glaring chronological and positional errors (Jesus only made a brief appearance in the England squad as a substitude, but was never actually put on the field) I feel add to the charm of this tear-jerking anthem. I’m proud to say I was there at its conception.

Well done, that man.


1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Buahaha ! I remember that. Moving stuff indeed.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home