Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Panda-ing to the Mascot Enthusiast

A special thank you to Friar Cous Cous for reminding me of an additional breed of mascot about which I had clean forgotten. The drunk mascot.

And a fine example of such a mascot can be found here, at the Mascot Grand National web site.


I forgot to mention that another wonderful trait of the mascot is their inability to change expression. Therefore, a grimacing mascot serving a child ice cream is just as funny as a smiling mascot being punched in the face.


My favourite character, however, is Benny the Box, proving that you do not need to have money to be a mascot for the ugly:

He may not be up to the high standards of his giraffe, elephant and hippo friends, but at least he's happy. Right?


But, while we are on the subject of mascots, I feel this is a good time to thank Jaime for capturing this fine specimen. Walking around the vicinity of ASU, this panda was called in, balloons in paws, to advertise the new Chinese fast food chain opening on University Drive. PANDA EXPRESS.



Now, all relevance of the panda aside – I think that Panda Express is a very poor choice of name for an eatery. I was worried for a moment that they were ACTUALLY serving panda! Ho ho! Well, my mind was put to rest when they assured me that they were not in fact serving panda, but cat and dog just like every other Chinese restaurant. Phew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home